Yesterday when Shelby tackled this topic my first thought was that the renaissance has not just been for women. I know plenty of men who blog about being dads and I see them as being renaissance men as well. It’s more about the ability to utilize a diverse set of skills to create an income stream for you and your family where previously you had to be part of the establishment to do so.
The easy way out
I’ve been busy the last few weeks so I’m going to phone one in and take the easy way out here. By and large, I agree with Shelby’s take on this topic from yesterday. I just look at it from a slightly different perspective; that of a man, father, husband and business owner. I mean, come on. This “She Said, He Said” thing is really a battle of the sexes at the end of the day. Right?
The two key points I’ve taken away from the article Shelby shared and her own post are these:
1. Blogging opens doors for all kinds of folks to spread their wings.
2. It does take a lot of diverse skills to do it well. Shelby is right about that.
So, let’s move on to the real reason you are reading this post: topics for tonight’s #SheHeChat at 8 p.m. CST over on Twitter.
1. Do Mom Bloggers = Renaissance Women?
2. Video: YouTube, Ustream, ShelbyTV as social media.
3. How different generational demographic groups view and utilize social media channels.